List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde]  "setting up interprocess communication" freeze
From:       Rocci <rocci () rocknetworks ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-04-08 8:48:05

I was having the EXACT same problem after upgrading to kde3.3
After tearing my hair out all day, and searching the web, I discovered
that by disabling the "RenderAccel" Option in my XFree86 config file,
kde would start OK.
Then within minutes I found this solution had been posted at kde-linux !
Doh !!
Next time I'll make sure I search both mailing lists.

- Rocci