List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE printer installation wizard - samsung cpl500
From:       John <john_82 () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-25 8:59:14

Thanks James
I had come to the conclusion that cups was probabley objecting as the kde
install went ok but nothing came out of the port. I will try the cups link
you have sent me. I'm also trying to mail samsung but it looks like their
mail system is to much for KDE.
My installation is an uptodate suse9. This uses kde 3.1.4. I'm no linux
warrior so I bought a distribution. I haven't registered it yet as it failed
to recognise my sati raid (suse can't help) and I need to do a complete re
install with the raid split into 2 disc. I do have 3.2 on dvd off a linux
mag. I'm slowly getting to grips with using the kit but installations are
still proving tough, the language people use is still mostly double dutch to
me.
The 'PageRegion' entry in the adobe windoze ppd file (for another printer)
seems to specify the area actually available for printing as do the
extensions in the samsung ImageableArea definitions but they are too
different for me attempt a conversion.

Alll the best
         John