List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Problem with KMail
From:       creafab () free ! fr
Date:       2004-04-13 16:24:32

Hi everyone !

I've got a strange problem, so I'll try to make myself clear :

1. I use KMail in MDK 9.2. As I had to format my whole linux hard drive, I
wanted to copy my ~/Mail directory to a Windows partition (fat32). As
Konqueror refused to copy the directory, I zipped it with Ark and copied the
zip file into a windows partition.

2. After the MDK reinstallation, I unzipped the zip file to my ~ directory and
lauched KMail. I immediately had several error messages about my mail
directories which were something like : "Can't open the #{|^@ directory
because you haven't got the privileges to or it's not a valid directory.

3. After several ll commands, I realized the privileges weren't right for the
files and directories in ~/Mail. So I tried several chmod 775 or 777 -R to
unlock the files and directories. New attempt : the same error messages !

4. New series of ll : the directories I can read are quoted 5 in the second
column of the ll result whereas the directories I can't read are quoted 4. I
suppose the problem comes from this number.

Questions : How can I solve that ? Any suggestions about the chmod command I
sould use ? Any other method ?

Thanks for reading this looooong description, but I reallay can't read my
mails unles in a browser for the moment, and it's getting me mad !!!