List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Octet-Stream - Mime Type Not Found
From:       "Don C. Weber" <fo_recon () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2004-02-25 4:00:19

I recently updated to kde-3.2.0 and I started receiving this error.

Could not find mime type.
application/octet-stream

I have tried the default solution which is to go into file
associations->applications and add octet-stream but for some reason it never
saves it.  I have tried this as a normal user and as the root user.

Please help:  This is getting very annoying and nobody seems to have a
solution.

On a side note:  My task bar seems to be slightly off.  When I click on the K
button and the menu pops up the right hand most part of the bar is missing.
I can just barely see the arrows that are suppose to be there.  Has anybody
seen this behavior in kde-3.2?

Thanks,
Don