List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] how to make KDE faster?
From:       "enine" <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2004-02-20 19:39:30

Its actually pretty easy.  Download all the kde source archives to one folder \
(/usr/src/kde32 for example). extract arts
cd arts
./configure && make
exit Xwindows
cd arts
make install
extract kdelibs
cd kdelibs
./configure and make
make install
extract kdebase
cd kdebase
./configure && make
make install
Now if you want I have found out your safe to startx but don't run any of the apps \
like kmail. extract next source archive
cd
./configure && make
make install.

I have found that if you try to configure and /or make libs and base and arts at the \
same time strange things happen, so for those base three do them in order one at a \
time.  The rest pretty much don't matter except for a couple and they will tell you \
at the end of the configure script that you won't get xx app unless you install yy \
first.

I've done this from 3.1.1 to 3.1.3 to 3.1.4 to 3.2 so far and its worked fine.