List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] how to make KDE faster?
From:       Trevor Smith <trevor () haligonian ! com>
Date:       2004-02-20 0:59:25

On February 19, 2004 10:52 am, corey_s@cox.net wrote:
> Have you used prelink?

Never heard of it. Will read...

> Also, for a konqueror speed up, don't forget to:
> KDE Components -> KDE Performance -> Preload an instance after KDE startup
>
> ... if you haven't already done that.

Already done. Still Konq takes ~2 seconds to open where IE opens
instantaneously with Win2k. Now I know that's because IE is practically
always open anyway, but frankly, I like that behaviour since I use a web
browser about 95% of the time I am in front of my computer.

--
 Trevor Smith    |    trevor@haligonian.com