List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Help with SMB support in 3.1.2
From:       "Weston M. Price" <weston_p () yahoo ! com> (by way of Weston M !  Price
Date:       2003-07-05 12:58:02

Hello,
	I use cvsup to update the KDE 3.0 tree and up until about a week ago things
seemed to work fine. However, in my latest download/build cycle, SMB support
within KDE seems to be broken. I noticed that in configure kde-base, I was
warned that Samba 3.0 could not be found. I uninstalled Samba 2.x and
installed 3.0. After that I configured KDE 3.0 with the following options:

./configure --with-extra-includes=/usr/local/samba/includd
--with-extra-lib=/usr/local/samba/lib

The configure process then worked as expected, however, after installing the
new build when I try and hit a samba resource on my network I get the
following error:

	Could not start process Unableto create io-slave
	klauncher said: Error loading "kio_smb"

I have tried a variety of configurations. I went back to Samba 2.0, instead
 of configuring with Samba support I let kde-base generate a wrapper etc.
 Nothing appears to work.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

My system information is as follows:

RedHat 9.0
Kernel: 2.4.20-8
1024MB Ram
P4 1.5 ghz
KDE 3.1.2 (again, extracted from cvsup)
gcc 3.2.3
XFree86 4.3.0
All the latest gnu tools (automake, autoconf etc)

Regards,
Weston