List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] File Associations
From:       kdebox () xs4all ! nl
Date:       2003-04-30 14:47:26

Hello!

I have recently installed redhat 9 and I use the KDE-desktop.

I have edited the file-associations tab in the Kde-configurator. At the
HTML mimetype-entry I have moved the Konqueror all the way up
the list, the other two browser are 2nd and 3rd, Mozilla is all the way
down.

My PROBLEM is: I have recently installed the Redhat documentation
from the documentation CD. Now when I click on one of the .html
files that have shown up in my startmenu under "documentation",
Mozilla is used to view these, even though Mozilla is all the way down
the list of preferred apps for the html-mimetype. Even when removing
mozilla alltogether from the list of associated applications mozilla is
used for viewing .html files.

When I click on a .html file on my desktop, konqueror is started, so
that is correct, since Konqueror is at the top of my list. When I use
konqueror as a filebrowser, the embedded html viewer is used.
However when I go to the embedding tab of the HTML-mimetype and
select "seperate app" as opposed to embedded viewing I cannot view
HTML-files when using the Konqueror as filebrowser, it then says that
Konqueror cannot view Text/HTML files!

My QUESTION is: why is Mozilla started, even when it has no
association with the Text/HTML mimetype? Is there some other place
where .html files are associated with Mozilla? Or is mozilla the
backup-app that is used when all else fails?

Secondly, why can't I use the "separate app" thing when I have
Konqueror as my nr. 1 associated app for the html-mimetype?

Thanks a lot!

Bob