List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Re: No kio_audiocd nor kio_help when not root!
From:       Guy Zelck <gzelck () tiscalinet ! be>
Date:       2002-10-27 14:25:46

Ciasa,

> On Saturday 26 October 2002 05:49 am, Guy Zelck wrote:
>
> > > I already "sniffed" that before and it's ok, look :
> > >
> > > [root@gz:/dev] # ll scd* brw-rw---- 1 guy cdwriter 11, 0 aug 30 2001
> > > scd0 brw-rw---- 1 guy cdwriter 11, 1 aug 30 2001 scd1 Why would kio_help
> > > fail also then? It's clearly sth. else. I see klauncher running as user
> > > 'guy' too, so nothing special there. We should look in the direction of
> > > why klauncher can't launch a kio slave.
>

> I wasn't referring to the help:/ ioslave, just audiocd:/.

I know, that's your mistake.

> The two are not
> related.

I'm not that dumb to not know that. But they probably suffer from the same problem. \
The problem is with klauncher not being able to start them. They are there and they \
work for root.

> Try to run cdparanoia -vsQ and see if it can detect your cdrom, and if it can
> detect the contents of the cd.

This works ok, as I expected. It's not that I can't access my cds, I can play audio \
cds without any problems. I  can even burn cds. Don't concentrate on a cd access \
problem. It's not that!

I'll use 'strace' to see if that reveals sth.

Thanks for trying,
Guy.