List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Artsd : Cannot start sound i/o  ???
From:       Jeff Stuart <jstuart () computer-city ! net>
Date:       2002-09-24 1:29:22

Jason, did you load the module for your SB 16 OR did you compile it into your
kernel?  (This is the OSS module.)  If you're using Alsa, did you recompile
Alsa to include the SB16 module?  Does lsmod show the drivers loaded for the
SB card?  Also, check the perms on /dev/dsp*

--
Jeff Stuart
jstuart@computer-city.net