List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] [ADMIN]: Please use anoncvs mirrors!
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-03-31 4:45:27

Daniel Molkentin wrote:

> Moin!
>
> This is to remind you to use one of the anoncvs mirror listed on
> http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html to save the resources of
> anoncvs.kde.org, which currently has a quite high load.
>
> Please remember to sync your CVSROOT environment variable and set the
> correct entry in the CVS/Root files. An easy description how to do that > for all \
> directories recursively using a regular expression with Perl is  provided on the \
> above-mentioned page, too.
> Use this script (http://www.kde.org/kde_cvs_mirror_speed) to find your
> best mirror. Any of them should be faster than anoncvs.kde.org itself :)

I don't want to seem too ungrateful, but it would have been a little
helpful if we had received some notice that things were being changed.

Please take into account that I have thoroughly MUNGed my CVS tree and
that this has somehow broken my desktop.  I can't figure that out since
the build script has: "make && make install" so ... ???

I managed to get Kwin and Kicker running with a xinitrc script but the
rest of it is broken.

So, I did as you said:

I choose a new mirror. To make it easier to switch, I put it in a file.
Rewrote my scripts to 'cat' the file for the server name.  Wrote a
script to update my CVS tree using the cvschroot utility.  Now I run my
updated script and I get:

Fatal error, aborting.
kde: no such user

So, I thought that it might be the script and tried ti by hand:

[root@localhost kde]# cvs up kdebase
Fatal error, aborting.
kde: no such user
[root@localhost kde]#

Clearly, there is something that I just don't grok here.

--
JRT