List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] moving a KDE install
From:       Shane Wright <me () shanewright ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-28 8:35:07

Hi

I'm running KDE3 from CVS installed as a different user ony my desktop box;
installed into ~/kde3bin.

I think I've got it all sweet and I'm ready to transfer my main desktop
environment and work email to KDE3 - but obviously I dont want to have to
compile it all again.

Can I just mv kde3bin to a different directory, set up the paths and go?  Or
is there a dependence within KDE on the installed path staying the same?

Thanks

--
Shane