List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] KDE 2.2.2 Keyboard problem
From:       Iztok Kobal <iztok.kobal () telemach ! net>
Date:       2002-03-27 20:45:57

Iztok Kobal wrote:

> I have recently installed KDE2.2.2 (got it from ftp.SuSE.com) beside
> the KDE1 on the SuSE 6.4 distro (2.2.14 kernel). After I ran it for
> the first time I realized that I had not installed any localees (I
> need Slovenian keyboard layout). Afterwards I installed English,
> Slovenian (sl) and Croatian (hr) locale but still have no choices for
> later ones in the Settings->Peripherals->Keyboard.
>
> What have I done wrong and what to do ? :-\

Sorry to make a question with known answer:

KDE2 runs quite good in the XFree86-3.3.6 enviroment (except with
missing keyboard layouts, of course) and that disturbed me !

After installing XFree86-4.1.0 for Suse7.0 (I have no glibc 2.2.
installed) (having used perl_sto and perl_gtx packages from 7.0 distro
and readline package from 7.3 distro) I have no problems at all. I am
using KOffice with true type fonts and OpenOffice with true type fonts
with Slovenian keyboard and characters and also printout is OK. :-)  I
only have to try out 3D for my ATI Rage Pro 128 RF chipset. ;-)

Still - nothing can be found on this matter neither on SuSE neither KDE
neither anywhere !! :-(

Iztok