List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE3 - vv soon
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-03-26 11:21:39

>I think they are doing another Release candiate.
>There was a dicussion about a proper name for it on kde-core-devel and
>kde-cafe.

From
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html :

Thursday March 21th, 2002: Decision about 3.0 final
Manually selected changes since the RC3 tarballs are integrated into the
proposed final tarballs, labeled RC4. A check of the showstopper list will
decide if these tarballs are final. In this case, they're made available to
the packagers and roughly a week later announced to the public. If not, the
schedule is delayed by another week.

Monday March 25th, 2002: tarballs made available to the packagers
The final tarballs are made available to the packagers. The remaining week is
used to prepare the changelog and the announcement.

cheers,
Frans