List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] mixed AA since XFree upgrade
From:       Praedor Tempus <praedor () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-21 18:15:15

On Thursday 21 March 2002 09:53 pm, akar wrote:
> On Friday 22 March 2002 04:01, Shane Wright wrote:
> > hmm, I have a 22" monitor, I'm running at 1900x1440 and my DPI is 121x121
> > - and all my fonts are between 7pt and 9pt.....   (and quite a normal
> > size to me...)
> >
> > I imagine changing the DPI would sort that out, but I'm loathe to start
> > screwing with it......
>
> Well when you next upgrade you know who to send it to...
>
> When things are set up right then there are 72 points to an inch approx in
> font size so 12pt capital 'T' should be 1/6"  or a 72pt T would be 1 inch
> tall.  Most systems are not set up right but dont mess around with it. In

Well then, my laptop screen (13" TFT) is not setup right.  A 12pt capital 'T'
on my laptop screen is actually just over 3/32" tall.  Hence, my fonts appear
bigger than their pointsize would otherwise indicate, thus I want my
virtually all my fonts to be AA.  I don't use anything less than 11pt,
actually.  And AA on 11 looks great whereas the aliased fonts are just
blocky-butt-ugly.  Crude looking, even.

> kde4 there will be a kcm module that sets up correct wysiwyg.

Nifty.

praedor