List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] KMail (or sendmail?) using old domain name in email
From:       Tim Brodie <tbrodie () displayworksinc ! com>
Date:       2002-03-21 17:45:47

Michael D Green wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 March 2002 05:09 am, kde-request@mail.kde.org wrote:
> > ... You should check the /etc/sendmail.cf in this case.
>
> Thanks! That was it. And, as often happens, that 'penny dropped' in my own
> tired brain after I had quit for the night yesterday. I don't know why I
> hadn't thought of it earlier. Sometimes one can look right past the obvious
> ;-(
>
> The line in /etc/sendmail.cf that needed to be changed was:
> Dj$w.Foo.COM

This line is usually commented out when the sendmail.cf file has been
generated by m4 processing the sendmail.mc file.  If you have your
host config'd properly and have a proper entry in the local-host-names
file this line shouldn't need to be set.

Also, if you have generated the sendmail.cf file via m4, then the
next time you do an update on the sendmail.mc file you'll lose
your edit of this line and break your config of sendmail.

--
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.

Tim Brodie