List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Error when attempting to browse LAN with Konqueror
From:       Michael D Green <Mike () lewis ! evde ! saesolved ! com>
Date:       2002-03-20 15:18:15

When I try to browse the local network with Konqueror I get the error
message: "Could not connect to host localhost."

Any ideas on what I have wrong with my configuration that would cause this?

(I can browse okay using smb:// in the Konqueror location box.  BTW my local
network is set up to use Samba and composed of this Linux box and two Win98
machines)

Also, not too surprisingly, http://localhost gives me the same error.
However, http://(the machine's name) brings up the home page served by my
Apache server on this machine.

My hosts file does have a line "127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost" So
it must be something else that I have configured incorrectly.

TIA!

Mike Green