List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Odd tab key behavior
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-03-11 19:51:21

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 06:03, Dave Tibbals wrote:
> And typing does not echo in the text area.
> Press the 'tab' key again and the counter increments to column 17 while the
> blinking cursor jumps to about column 9 in the display. Type now and the
> text
> is offset from the cursor position

Hmm, I cant replicate your behaviour but I am using kde3 now. Still, I dont
recall such a problem in kde2 and I think I would have noticed such a thing.
It is possible that this is due to some sort of keyboard or encoding
misconfiguration; although it seems unlikely that the counter would go
correctly but not the cursor.

If you click "new message" like you say you should have a blank compose window
with the cursor in the 'To" field and pressing tab should cycle thru CC and
Subject and then to the text window where it should move 8 spaces at a time.
Is this happening?

andrew