List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] THird attempt (was Re: RFC: revamping the kdm login greeter)
From:       Marc Wiz <marc () wiz ! com>
Date:       2002-02-17 18:34:43

> On Saturday 16 February 2002 8:19 pm, Chris Howells wrote:
> OK, based on some comments I've come up with
>
> http://chrishowells.co.uk/kdm3.png
>
> Comments please.

Looking cooler.

A couple of suggestions:

provide the option to not echo characters as the password is typed.  (Call
me paranoid :-)

The left side is very cool.  However (you knew that was coming) what is
going to happen at a large site like a school with hundreds or thousands
of users?

How long will it take to get the images and user information?  Sounds like
some intelligent buffering could be done.  (I have dealt with this problem
before)

Again thanks for the effort!

Marc

--