List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] kdm wont start KDE 3.0 beta 2
From:       Praedor Tempus <praedor () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-17 16:23:13

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

There was another annoyance (really really annoying!)
that I discovered running kde3.  EVERY time I logged
into KDE the startup wizard would appear as if it was
my first time even though it was not.  Every time.  I
looked at the startkde script and saw a conflict in
there.  It has an entry pointing to the kde directory
as .kde on one line but on another line, it refers to
.kde3.  This has the startkde script pointing to two
separate <HOME> kde directories which apparently
confuses the system (causes some weird, inconsistent
results at login too besides the always-starting kde
wizard).

I have edited the startkde script (and looked over the
startkde3 script - both are supplied by the kde 3
rpms) and think everything is now as it should be.  I
will try your suggestions as well and restart this
thing.  Hopefully the problems will mostly go away.

praedor