List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Konqueror 2.2.2 and java
From:       antialias <vukman () b2mail ! dk>
Date:       2002-01-13 16:58:00

Roland Riegel wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 13. Januar 2002 11:19 schrieb Franck Collineau:
>
> > I'm using RedHat 7.2 and KDE 2.2.2.
> >
> > Sometimes I have the following message in the browser: "problem: not
> > possible to find the  java executable"
> >
> > The configuration of Konqueror is OK
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Franck
> >

> You have to point the Control Center to the java bin directory, e.g.
> /usr/lib/j2re1.3.0/bin/
> and not
> /usr/lib/j2re1.3.0/
>
> Roland

Nope, this is not enough, you have to enter path to java executable and
not to bin directory.
So, the right path which you have to write in Konqueror preferences
would be:

/usr/lib/j2re1.3.0/bin/java

BTW, you can download also IBM's or Blackdown's java (actually JRE), uncopress it to \
where you want - your home dir is also OK (no special installation is needed).

Regards,

antialias