List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Desktop Icons
From:       antialias <vukman () b2mail ! dk>
Date:       2001-12-22 10:56:25

>antialias wrote:
>> >Hallo again,
>> >
>> >does anybody know how to change the positions of the desktop icons, I
>> >mean, the horizontal and vertical distance from each other they have.
>> >I faintly remember there was a location in Kcontrol of previous
>> >versions of KDE but I don't find it now.
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance -
>> >
>> >Matthias
>>
>> Unfortunatelly, you can't change distance between icons. That's the reason
>> I don't use icons on my desktop. I am going to send this to kde-wishlist:
>> 1. Different sizes for desktop and Konqueror icons (I would like to have
>> small icons on desktop and bigger in file manager).
>
>Have you tried setting the file manager icon size: View => Icon Size ??
>
>JRT

Yes, but as you know it doesn't help. In file manager you can only have
maximum default icon size + next size. That means that if you have 32x32 icon
size on your desktop you can't have 64x64 icon size in file manager ('only'
48x48). And if you have default icon size for dektop/file manager set to
48x48 that is it, no way to set icon size to 64x64 in file manager.

antialias