List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] Summary #16: KDE for Windows?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-07-02 2:36:05

Attached.
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest
www.capsi.com | person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by
              | the young are wearying.' - "Lord of the Rings", JRR Tolkien

<section
	title="KDE for Windows?"
	author="Rob Kaper"
	email="cap@capsi.com"
	subject="Qt/Windows Available Under New Non-Commercial License"
	archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=99359430106633&w=2"
	posts="17"
	startdate="June 27, 2001 19:45:23 +0000"
	enddate="June 26, 2001 22:22:15 +0000"

Matthias Posseldt wrote in: <quote who="Matthias Posseldt"> Trolltech's
newest announcement could help efforts to port KDE to Windows, don't it?
Since we don't charge anyone, there should be no problem!</quote>. Eric
Laffoon answered: <quote who="Eric Laffoon">Not exactly no problem, as
Matthias Ettrich <a
href="http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-06-26-002-21-OS-SW-0006">pointed
Rik Hemsley added: <quote who="Rik Hemsley">
KDE's libraries are LGPL, Artistic, X11 or BSD licensed, so they're ok
(not sure about X11, but the others) - but most KDE apps are GPL, so the
authors would have to insert the clause mentioned by TT or relicense.
</quote> while Richard Stevens recalled <a
href="http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net">another effort</a> to
have KDE applications under Windows.</p>
</section>