List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] Re: maintainership of KDE Traffic
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () uai ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-11-07 19:40:30

On Friday 07 November 2003 10:54, you wrote:
> Hello!

Hi!

> On the publication: i don't know whether you have something written, if
> so, please send it to this list. If not, i will finish this issue and
> note in it, that we will be co-maintaining the newsletter.

I have some things written (I was planning to make #67 tomorrow), however,
if your file is ready, than please send it. (Oh, and please contact Zack
and tell him we'll be co-mantaining.)

> The question
> remains who is going to make up individual issues. This person (the
> coordinator) should make the stats, intro and other such things and take
> care of sending it to Zack. All the other participants will post only
> individual <section ...> ... </ section> stanzas to this list and the
> coordinator will merge them into his xml file. I can take the role of
> coordinator if you wish, or leave it to someone else, if he likes.

You or me, it doesn't matter.

By the way, the stats are done from your mbox files (So you have to have
your message archive in mbox format, or write another script). The script
I'm using was made by Zack Brown, it's attached. Run it as:

	ktstats this_week_mbox last_week_mbox

For this to work, you need all messages in the same mbox file. If you wish,
just send me a mbox of the lists you're covering and I make the stats.

I can cover kde, kde-devel, kde-core-devel, kde-extra-gear, kde-usability
and kde-i18n-doc. I'm also subscribed to kde-bugs-dist, but I guess you
don't want that covered :)

Anne-Marie Mahfouf offered to cover kde-edu.

What can you cover?

> Anyway, all the thread summaries shall be posted to this list (one per
> mail), in the kt xml format, for commentary. Whoever is the maintainer
> then takes all these e-mails and compiles the issue.

Nice. By sending the summaries to this list, we assure people rights to
object against their publication, so there will be a community deciding
what will get (or not) into KDE Traffic.

> What is your opinion about this proposal? I eagerly await your answer.
> In any case, i will be sending individual summaries i have already
> written shortly.
>
> I would be glad if we can get first issue out of the door this weekend.

OK. Ideally, we can publish issues every Sunday. Is that fine for you? If
not Sunday, we must choose another weekday (Zack asked me to publish on
the same weekday ever).

> PS: Henrique, i am CCing you, just in case. If it is not needed, i will
> stop doing it, just tell me.

I'm subscribed, there's no need for CCing me.

PS: I though of adding a headquote with a link for donations, as follows:

<headquote>

If you like KDE Traffic, please consider making a donation to the KDE
project.
Visit <a href="http://www.kde.org/support/">http://www.kde.org/support/</a>
for  details.

</headquote>

What do you think? Would that be good for the KDE project?

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@uai.com.br