List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] articles 4 this week's edition
From:       Jürgen Appel <juergen_appel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-05-08 21:24:49

lo. these are my submissions for this week's kc.

russel: would you <editoralize> the final sentence in carlword.xml [Welcome on
board ;).] ?

okay, i m off for the weekend ;)

sea ya's

Juergen.
["carlword.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
   title="Patches for KWord"
   author="Juergen Appel"
   contact="valiantALL@SPAMTOBLACKHOLEweb.de"
   subject="Kword tables + patches"
   archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&amp;m=105207071517346&amp;w=2"
   posts="4"
   startdate="Sun May 4 12:39:27 2003"
   enddate="Wed May 7 14:56:19 2003"

<topic>KOffice</topic>
<topic>KWord</topic>
<topic>Bug Tracking</topic>

Carl G Lewis came to bring Christmas-feelings to David Faure saying:

<quote who="Carl G Lewis">

There are some kword patches here:<br/>
http://members.optushome.com.au/carll</a>

(Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) on RH9.

Patch 2 fixes a bug related to selecting the rows/columns of tables by moving
the mouse slightly to the left/above a row/column.

[..]

Patch 1 is rather large (1100 lines or thereabout) but all it does is make the
m_row, m_col, m_rows and m_cols member variables of the Cell class private.
This meant a few changes in other files apart from kwtableframeset.*

Accessor functions have been provided and all code changed to use these. This
increases readability and makes it easy to find all the places that the Cells
are being manipulated.

I have also written a TableIterator class, which makes the m_cells conversion
easier because all simple traversals of m_cells can be changed with just 1
line of code. The TableIterator makes use of the fact that the Cell members
are private, but it's not ready yet.
</quote>

So, KWord got presents from the gifted Carl. David responded:

<quote who="David Faure">
Wow, it feels like Christmas :)<br/>
Very good patches, I'm happy with all of them.<br/>
</quote>

In the further discussion, various aspects of these patches and the future
progress were examinated. Carl was granted a CVS access to delivery coming
gifts himself. Welcome on board ;).
</section>
["ooplugin.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
   title="OpenOffice Plugin Just In"
   author="Juergen Appel"
   contact="valiantALL@SPAMTOBLACKHOLEweb.de"
   subject="kfile-plugin for OOo files"
   archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&amp;m=105203678030390&amp;w=2"
   posts="4"
   startdate="Sun May 4 07:08:51 2003"
   enddate="Mon May 5 15:49:07 2003"

<topic>KOffice</topic>
<topic>Filters</topic>
Christmas is one of the most anticipated celebrations for a lot of children.
This may have several reasons. One are the gifts. Pierre Souchay
knows this and joined in handing out presents, saying:

<quote who="Pierre Souchay">
I've developed a kfile-plugin for OOo files.
It supports all meta-datas of the meta.xml file in OOo files in RW,
including meta:user-defined (data defined by user)

It may be inserted in the KOffice packages or maybe in the KDE CVS Tree.
It currently compiles in the koffice/tools/kfile-plugins/ooo path, you
will find it at : http://bad.sheep.free.fr/kfile-plugin-ooo.tgz.

I dont currently know any bug.
</quote>

The plug-ins were appreciated and CVS access was given to Pierre:

<quote who="Pierre Souchay">

I have requested a CVS account.<br/>
I will add some small features to the kfile-plugin and then look at KOffice.
Is there an area where to look first, where do you need additionnal
developers (I do not draw icons, sorry :) ?
</quote>
OpenOffice export filter, which would enable the project to switch
to the OO-file format later on.
</section>
["koiconcontest2.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
   title="Alas - KOffice Icons Reloaded"
   author="Juergen Appel"
   contact="valiantALL@SPAMTOBLACKHOLEweb.de"
   subject="Koffice Icon Contest Failure"
   archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&amp;m=105178354428607&amp;w=2"
   posts="5"
   startdate="Wed Apr 30 20:52:40 2003"
   enddate="Tue May 6 13:24:42 2003"

As referred to in the
was not that successful. Maybe you could read it had no success. Forget about
it, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and in these times there are no
trains yet.<br/>
As prophecied, our needs are taken care of. Sven Lueppken tells the story:

<quote who="Sven Lueppken">
Hi again!

Ok, I've got the icons now, at least the app-icons, but Everaldo said that he
would create toolbar icons too. I can commit as soon as I've got the time and
as soon as David gives me his "ok" ;)
</quote>
Joyful was this received.
</section>