List:       kc-kde
Subject:    Re: [kc-kde] General comments.
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2002-11-27 11:23:42

> I have two comments about contributing to KC KDE.
> 1) Make sure your submission validates with xmllint!
Ok, I think I've got it on my Linux box. My contributions were indeed dirty,
sorry.

> 2) Try not to summarize things that haven't been covered on the mailing
> lists. I talked to people behind KC and the census is that KC's are
> used to summarize only mailing list discussions. If you have something
> not ml related put it in DevFlash. All other summaries have to
> reference actual posts to ml.

Yes, it is indeed a problem. The original model of Kernel Cousin is a bit too
constrained. KC Wine already has a section on commercial products and wine
which is not ml related. And I think, your idea  of moving the KDE Cousin
towards the Gnome News model is good.
I don't have much knowledge of the code in KDE. To write the part to KJS, I've
send a e-mail to the developper and asked for more information. That is
heresy for Kernel Cousin but I think it makes a better report in the end.

Maybe we should ask for a looser kind of model for the different Kernel...

What do you think ?

Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org