List:       kc-kde
Subject:    Re: [kc-kde] Re: kc kde39
From:       Juergen Appel <predator1710 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-06-21 16:02:18

Am Freitag, 21. Juni 2002 11:52 schrieb Juergen Appel:
> Am Freitag, 21. Juni 2002 05:58 schrieb Navindra Umanee:
> > Juergen Appel <predator1710@gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Issue #39 of KC KDE is up. Is someone (related with the dot, or
> > > kde.org) subscribed to a mailing list where the maintainer of the K=
C's
> > > (Zack Brown) announces them? ( so I would stop telling you about it=
 :)

> > Well Rob Kaper is now related to the dot... :)
> >
> > Hey, why aren't these being published on LinuxToday?  Can you check?
> >
> > -N.
>
> Zack Brown tells linux today about it as soon as he puts it up... hm...

Zack said:
I sent them the announcement, but they have become more flakey over the
years. In the old days they used to publish all my announcements within
half-an-hour, but that was back when Dwight Johnson and Dave Wittinger
ran that whole operation largely themselves. After they sold it, various
ideas started to get played with, such as staggering announcements over
several days, or publishing announcements at key times when they were
likely to draw the biggest number of hits to Linux Today. At first I
complained and they went back to the old way for awhile, but eventually
I got tired of it, and just let them do the way they do. I still think
they should put those announcements up right away, but at least they
don't single us out to be late. I'm pretty sure they do this with
everyone's announcements.
</zack>