List:       kc-kde
Subject:    Re: [kc-kde] Win2K Faster Than Konquorer 2.2.2
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-03-25 1:18:47

hrm... i'm no sure what this has to do with KC KDE, will we be seeing
summaries from Casey in the future? only time will tell! ;-)

On March 24, 2002 12:50 pm, Casey Bralla wrote:
> Please don't get me wrong, I **HATE** micros*ft and use their products as
> little as possible, but screen rendering was almost twice as fast on the
> exact same hardware (non-accelerated).

> I'm anxious to get SuSE 8.0, with KDE 3.  I've heard it's faster.   I hope
> so!

yes, html in KDE3 is as fast as IE on 2k according to my rather subjective
observations. KDE2 was slower, though not horribely slower. the biggest
problem was in going back/forward to pages you had already visited. but even
then IE still was faster on certain pages. KHTML in KDE3 seems to close this
gap quite comfortably. =)

start up time is still an issue, but that is a gcc issue. there are lots of
little tuning/tweaking tips to get KDE running better on slower systems (like
the "Minimize memory usage always" Konqueror option, and
--enable-fast-malloc=full in kdelibs) ...

--
Aaron Seigo