List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] Upcoming kdenonbeta summaries
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-12-20 9:08:14

kvdvd:

Sounds awesome (KIO slave to access DVD content), but my DVD-rom is still on
order so I cannot seriously test this yet. As soon as I can, I will write
some stuff about it.

atlantik:

I hate to put in a plug for my own project, but just look at kde-cvs for the
past few days: of the last 600 messages, 60 were kdenonbeta/atlantik related.
Atlantik is very much alive. I refuse to cover my own project though, just
letting you know that if you guys want to write something about it, there is
plenty of activity.

Other apps with activity:

mediacontrol:

Have actually used it for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if it moved to
kdeaddons/noatun-plugins soon, even though it's also compatible with xmms.

karbon:

Have not used it, will take a look at it soon.

kiten:

Japanese translation/learning tool, if I'm not mistaken. Very interesting, but
maybe with a very limited target audience. Perhaps I can convince Jason to
make it language independant?

ksvg:

Has been covered already because of many list posts, would of course still be
newsworthy when it makes it out of kdenonbeta.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."