List:       kbuild-devel
Subject:    [kbuild-devel] Extending CML2 menus
From:       Keith Owens <kaos () ocs ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-11-27 7:06:13

For kbuild 2.5 I need to add a couple of sub-menus on the end of the
main menu.  How do I do that?  The "obvious" attempt at extending the
menu did not work.  I defined rules-2.5.cml containing this

source "rules.cml"

symbols
FOO     'foo'
BAR     'bar'
kao     'kao'

menu kao        # kao
        FOO
        BAR

menu main
        kao

It sort of works.  kao appears at the end of the main menu but it
appears as a data item instead of another menu.  Also it is conditioned
by the visibility of the previous menu (kernel debugging).

Dynamic extension of menus is required to support separate compilation,
e.g. a new file system will extend the fs menu.