List:       juniper-nsp
Subject:    Re: [j-nsp] MX960 PEMs and 3 phase power
From:       Mark Tinka via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp () puck ! nether ! net>
Date:       2023-03-23 12:26:11

On 3/23/23 14:15, Tom Storey via juniper-nsp wrote:

> We have A+B power delivered 3 phase to the racks, broken out on PDUs, but I
> think I must have been thinking about another platform in regards to not
> splitting PSUs across phases.

Right, data centre providers will deliver power to your rack either via
a single- or 3-phase bus, and leave you to decide how to use it.

Unless you are doing something special with the data centre provider for
you to yield the desired outcome, I'm not sure splitting phases across
the chassis adds any more value than A+B, especially with the MX960
power supplies which come with 2 AC receptacles per power supply that
you, ideally, will already split to redundant power sources.

Mark.