List:       juniper-nsp
Subject:    Re: [j-nsp] pfed downward spike received from pfe
From:       Tobias Heister <lists () tobias-heister ! de>
Date:       2015-03-22 9:53:03

Hi,

Am 22.03.2015 um 10:36 schrieb Simon Frerichs:
> we see the following error on MX80 running BGP and IS-IS twice a day.
> Traffic forwarding seems to be uninterrupted.
>
> pfed: downward spike received from pfe for ibytes_reply:3684981055620
> ibytes_record:3684981121451 for ifl:344 loc_id:000100000002

https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR833091

"These downward spike messages are informational and do not indicate that an error \
exists in the router.   The message originates from the router's PFED (packet \
forwarding engine daemon) and indicates that information is being downloaded from a \
particular interface."

Trigger:

"This problem will be seen if following condition is met:

* This PFED message is reported when interface statistics received from the PFE are \
smaller than the previously fetched value from PFE (stored in the stats database)."

Just another Junos log message you could put into your syslog message filter which \
probably already is a mile long.

--
Kind Regards
Tobias Heister