List:       juniper-nsp
Subject:    Re: [j-nsp] Interface Counters | RVI vs. IRB
From:       Clarke Morledge <chmorl () wm ! edu>
Date:       2011-01-21 20:31:32

Bill Blackford said:

> I have some customers I bring in on tagged vlans through a single
> physical interface and terminate on a router at layer3 in RVIs. I can't
> poll interface stats (bandwidth) in RVIs, SVIs, etc. Since I will be
> migrating these from an EX to an MX and thus terminating at layer3 in
> IRBs, can I poll bandwidth stats on an IRB?

Yes, you can get some interfaces stats, except if you need to get
non-unicast counters working, the standard IF-MIB counters will not work
for you.

However, as a workaround, I understand that you can create a filter with
counter for multicast and/or braodcast and you should be able to query it
on a Juniper proprietary MIB.

I haven't tested the workaround, but I was moving to IRBs on the MX and
ran into this issue.

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)