List:       juniper-nsp
Subject:    [j-nsp] flow sampling of pre-filtered packets
From:       Swen Stevenson <swensteve () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2005-04-30 7:37:19

We have a Juniper M10 running JunOS 7.1.x.  What we want is either the netflow to be \
generated before the filters are applied or for netflow to be generated for both \
accepted and discarded packets at the configured sampling rate (currently 1:100).
No matter where we filter (input or output interface), we only seem to be able to get \
flow data for accepted packets; never for discarded/rejected packets.  What are we \
missing -- Is it the case that we need to have one of those $30K PICs (adapter \
services pic or the monitoring pic) to do what we want?  Or is there something else \
obvious we are missing -- example configs would be handy.
Thx