List:       juddi-user
Subject:    jUDDI lookup response time for dynamic binding
From:       william wallace <willbewallace () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-04 6:01:40

Hi all,

It is great to have this mailing list to exchange experience in using jUDDI.

I have been using jUDDI 0.9rc4 for a while. Basically it is good for beginners. \
Recently I also use uudi4j for  the client side and have tried out the dynamic \
binding (finding references during run time by querying the service keyword - using \
                find_service api ... ). What I have observed is that
 - the response time for service lookup is about 3-4 seconds !!! and
 - in addition we usually have to do get_serviceDetail by serviceKey to get the \
accessPoint ...etc. It adds another 3 seconds

They all make my program with dynamic binding (finding references by uddi service \
lookup) become very slow !!

Please let me know if anyone have experienced the same issue and your solutions. What \
is the normal response time for service lookup we can expect ? I do appreciate any \
suggestion and advice from you.

Thanks in advance
Wallace