List:       jserv-users
Subject:    RE: JSP engine.
From:       "Chris Roberts" <chris_j_roberts () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-01-30 13:29:58

BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

>Maybe, but definitely not for commercial use! You'll have a tough >time
>just configuring things!

Configuration is a problem, if you can't read(.) the install info(eg: not
english)...else you'll love it, it's flexible and supports the latest specs.

Best of all, you get the source code enabling rapid inhouse problem
resolution and code modifications, IF you do get stuck.

My first install moving from jserv/gnujsp, took very little time and effort.

A reasonable reason for not going commercial with Tomcat is that "production
readiness" was only reached recently. ie: settling time may be required, but
your app testing plan should highlight any issues.