List:       jpackage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [JPackage-discuss] JPP 5 - Release ?
From:       Fernando Nasser <fnasser () redhat ! com>
Date:       2009-01-30 15:44:38

Hi Will,

Not really.  We got really swamped with the maven2 2.0.8 upgrade and could not work \
on the rebuild from your list.  IMO, as soon as we can cut the JPP 1.7 from the \
buildroot and all packages have their dependencies in JPP-6 we can release.

Unfortunately there are many indirect dependencies that will force us to build old \
things like cglib0, groovy-jsr and things of a sort, many needing maven1 and other \
old stuff from JPP-1.7.  Many times there isn't a newer version upstream, ot the \
upstream version still use those old libraries and sometimes we can't upgrade because \
then we would break other packages above.  I wish the Java developers would try and \
keep backward compatibilities in their APIs and keep up with newer versions of the \
libraries they use, but unfortunately it is not the case.

Anyway, I will try and get into building missing packages as soon as I get the \
browsers to work again (we have some breakage that I could not yet find the cause).

Cheers,
Fernando