List:       jpackage-announce
Subject:    [JPackage-announce] [RPM (5.0)] jboss-serialization-1.0.3-1jpp
From:       Fernando Nasser <jpackage () zarb ! org>
Date:       2007-06-23 2:05:27

Name        : jboss-serialization          Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0.3                             Vendor: JPackage Project
Release     : 1jpp                          Build Date: Sat 23 Jun 2007 03:49:50 AM CEST
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: to-jpackage1.toronto.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Java              Source RPM: (none)
Size        : 10397837      License: LGPL
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Fernando Nasser <fnasser@jpackage.org>
URL         : http://labs.jboss.com/portal/index.html?ctrl:id=page.default.info&project=serialization
Summary     : JBoss Serialization
Description :
We (java developers) have accepted over the years
java.io.ObjectInputStream and java.io.ObjectOutputStream
being slow when dealing with writeObject operations.
We then started using Externalizable objects as a faster
approach for serialization, but even that way was slow when
using writeObject operations inside externalizable classes.
Recently we discovered that most of the problems in
JavaSerialization are related to static synchronized caching,
what causes CPU spikes and also diminishes scaling capabilities.
With JBossSerialization we have done internal benchmarks and we
have realized at least 2 times faster serialization with this
library. These benchmarks are commited into our CVS repository
(as testcases) and they are publicly available.
The main feature in JBossSerialization besides performance, is
Smart Cloning. Smart cloning is the capability of the reuse of
final fields among different class loaders doing exactly what
serialization does, without the need of convert every field into
a byteArray. This approach is at least 10 times faster than using
serialization over a byte array.

Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> 0:1.0.3-1jpp
- Upgrade to 1.0.3.GA
W: jboss-serialization non-standard-group Development/Java
W: jboss-serialization mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs
W: jboss-serialization mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs