List:       jornada
Subject:    Re: [jornada] HP Jornada 710/720/728 Linux Kernel Support - New
From:       Michael Gernoth <mlists () zerfleddert ! de>
Date:       2006-09-02 17:47:26

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 01:20:20PM +0000, Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> Just for future reference:
> I've taken over maintainership for the Jornada 7xx platform in the linux
> (www.kernel.org) kernel. Russell hasnt had any updates on that platform for
> a long time and considering Michael Gernoth hasnt been heard from since may
> I doubt he's interested.

I'm still alive and interested in jornada kernel development.
And I still don't have time to do much kernel hacking, so handing
over maintainership is the only sensible option.
I hope you have more time than I and that you will accept a patch
or two from me ;-)

> I've started syncing with git and supplied russel with the first set of
> patches, the goal is to get 2.6.18 (or latest 2.6.19) vanilla working
> nicely with the Jornada.

Great :-)

If it's ok with you, I will try to keep the 2.4-branch up-to-date (which
means that I will now try to bring the jornada-kernel to 2.4.33.3 and
publish it on my page at the university. If this goes well, a separate
announcemail will follow).

I wish you luck and best regards,
  Michael