List:       john-users
Subject:    [john-users] Enabling OpenCL on Intel Haswell Integrated GPU
From:       MichaƂ_Majchrowicz <sectroyer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-03-11 16:20:03

This is not strictly john related but since the procedure isn't well
documented anywhere and might be useful to some john users I will
leave it here for future reference if anybody needs it:
https://github.com/sectroyer/intel_opencl_haswell
From quick tests I can say that enabling this gpu speeds up (on this
machine) descrypt mask attack by 20% and md5crypt dictionary attack by
around 30% so it's not that enabling OpenCL on it is completely
pointless. Tough of course in comparison with other hardware it's
performance is poor. I use it just to have bigger diversity among
nodes.
Regards.