List:       john-users
Subject:    Re: [john-users] quite fast MD5 hashing implementation
From:       SmarTeam Support <smarteam.support () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-25 18:54:53

Hello Simon,

> http://3.14.by/en/md5

> It is a lot faster than everything I previously saw. I suppose he
> achieves this speed by:
> * reversing the last round
> * working a lot on instruction/register scheduling

> Are there more clues on the russian part of the site?

One more md5 implementation:

SSE reMeDy5 is yet another single C file md5 brute forcer written by bla, with \
advanced features, and quite a bit of speed behind it. It was created in an effort to \
speed up fast reMeDy5. It's basically the same project but implemented using SSE2 \
SIMD instructions. This allows x86 and x86_64 processors to execute 4 md5 \
calculations in parallel on each core. The calculation of 1 md5 start to finish is \
slower though on SSE, so do not expect to see it complete in 25% of the time of fast \
reMeDy5, (some tests show that it needs 50% to 70% the time fast reMeDy5 code needs). \
To my knowledge this is the fastest md5 cracker of its kind. If you can write faster \
code, do send me a link ;-). The single C source file(only dependency is libc) should \
allow you to easily drop it on any server you have laying around. Your CPU has to \
support SSE2 for this code to work. To verify this type: grep sse2 /proc/cpuinfo If \
your cpu doesn't, then you can still use fast reMeDy5, it's still pretty damn fast \
;-).

http://code.google.com/p/qforegsics/wiki/ssereMeDy5
http://code.google.com/p/qforegsics/wiki/ssereMeDy5_gcc
http://code.google.com/p/qforegsics/wiki/fastreMeDy5