List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: Connection refused to VM while distributed Testing
From:       Dmitri T <glinius () live ! com>
Date:       2023-06-05 17:16:26

Rakshita BJ wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> Am trying to perform a distributed testing and am unable to connect to
> my Virtual machine. I have tried all the below steps and I keep
> getting connection refused error,
>
>   * I added the IP address of the remote machine to my jmeter
>     properties file.
>
> image.png
>

>   * I have also changed  the following line
>     image.png
>   * I have created a rmi_keystore and placed it in virtual machine.
>   * Before test I start my jmeter server on my remote machine.
>
> But still when I do a remote start i get the below error.
> f70b5d72-556b-4165-bcae-6a8838348fef.png
>
> I have provided the dummy IP address, but am facing the same issue
> even with the actual IP address.
> I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this, been struggling
> with it.
>
> Thank you
> Rakshita

 1. You need to start JMeter slave process by running either
    jmeter-server.bat
    <https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/rel/v5.5/bin/jmeter-server.bat>or
    jmeter-server
    <https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/rel/v5.5/bin/jmeter-server>
    startup scripts
 2. You need to make sure that port 1099 is open in your operating
    system Firewall <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewall_(computing)>
 3. If you're running your Virtual Machine using a cloud provider like
    Amazon or Azure you will additionally need to open the port in
    Security Groups
    <https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/network-security-groups-overview>
    and make sure you're using public IP
    <https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-public-ip-address-2625974> and
    not the private one
 4. And you will need to do the same for connection from the slave to
    the master so it would be able to report results back.

More information:

  * Apache JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step
    <https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.html>
  * How to Perform Distributed Testing in JMeter
    <https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/distributed-testing-in-jmeter>
  * Remote hosts and RMI configuration
    <https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/properties_reference.html#remote>

it's also a good idea to check jmeter.log file
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#logging> in case
if anything goes wrong, it's more informative than any GUI