List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: How to pass complete url to next request
From:       Dmitri T <glinius () live ! com>
Date:       2023-02-20 18:31:40

Sunil Malgaya wrote:
> Dear JMeter experts,
>
> In my output json response I get fully constructed urls (https:\\abc.com\info)
> and want to pass on as is to the next request (http sampler). So I
> preserved the url in a variable but when I pass this to the next request I
> get an invalid url exception because http is already added to the url.
>
> So does anyone know any alternative or option to get this done?
>
> Thanks,
> SM

Put the JMeter Variable holding the URL into "Path" field of the HTTP
Request sampler.

Alternatively use JSR223 PreProcessor
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#JSR223_PreProcessor>
and split the URL into scheme, host, port and path and populate the
Samplers fields accordingly.

Example Groovy <https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/apache-groovy> code:

def url =new URL(vars.get('put-your-variable-name-here'))

sampler.setProtocol(url.getProtocol())
sampler.setDomain(url.getHost())
sampler.setPath(url.getPath())