List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: Can I use a variable in a Configuration Element?
From:       Deepak Shetty <shettyd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-20 15:54:31

>Is there a better way I could to do this?
Options I can think of are
a. Dont use a CSV data set config - You can read data in JMeter in a
variety of ways - Including writing your own java code that can load CSV
files dynamically and feed data to your samplers (via pre processors or
other samplers) - A little bit of advanced java knowledge might be needed
(concurrency). The source need not be a file - it could be a rdbms, a nosql
or anything else that satisfies the way you want your data.

b. Multiple CSV files , even scoped by thread number still have some issues
- Usually the number of threads you want to run is related to the parallel
load you want to see and you might have more files than that (assuming one
file represents one complete sequence) - In this case you either need to
interact with Jmeter apis to reload the file or concatenate multiple files
before you begin so that the number of files matches the number of threads