List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    High latency and response times with JDBC sampler
From:       Ruchit Rami <ruchit.rami () ei-india ! com>
Date:       2013-04-18 5:46:08

Hello,

I have built a test plan to stress test my MySQL database. I have about 200
JDBC samplers in the test plan. I also do have test plan for my PHP
application which uses the same database. Now with the database test plan
for mere 300 threads I am getting average response times of about 500 ms.
However, if I run a query from the JDBC sampler from console while stress
test is running, I get response times less than 0.03 seconds.

I am not sure what is wrong with my test plan. It is not aligned to the
actual performance of the database. Do you have any pointers for me to
troubleshoot this issue? I have tested the same database with test plan
executing on PHP application and latency and response times were lower than
this. Can there be any issue regarding MySQL connections? Currently I am
clueless.

Regards,
Ruchit Rami