List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    RE: Definition of Sample as used in Graph Results
From:       "Nutsch, Bob D." <bnutsch () nd ! gov>
Date:       2011-04-25 14:43:52

Hello,

Thank you very much for your email, it's much appreciated!  I plan to try \
http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/TransactionsPerSecond, thanks for \
sending me that.

I'll use the Graph Results listener for now until I get a chance to try the other \
listener.  I am making multiple HTTP client requests within two separate thread \
groups, each looping 3 times, in my test.  When I graph the results I see something \
like 5000 milliseconds per request when the number of samples shows 1000 and there \
are 60 threads.  As time goes on I hit the maximum number of threads that I had set \
but the time per request continues to increases as does the number of samples.

To map my results to the "real world" I'm thinking that if JMeter is showing 60 \
threads, 1000 samples, and 5000 milliseconds per request, JMeter is effectively \
emulating 60 people collectively and concurrently making 1000 HTTP requests per 5 \
seconds?  After a few moments, if JMeter is still showing 60 threads but now 1500 \
samples and 6000 milliseconds per request, that is an emulation of 60 users now \
making 1500 HTTP requests per 6 seconds?

Thanks for your time.

Regards, Bob