List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: SSL setup issue
From:       Felix Frank <ff () mpexnet ! de>
Date:       2010-12-21 8:48:15

On 12/20/2010 08:46 PM, Akash Pancholi wrote:
> My IE user agent is Mozilla/4.0, same as in test plan, I changed my FF agent
> to the same, but can not access the site there, interestingly, it's throwing
> the same exception as JMeter:
>
> Secure Connection Failed
>
> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)

This sounds like there *might* be a cipher problem. Maybe the server
only has supported for insecure ciphers that are no longer included in
Mozilla's SSL engine.
You can use "openssl s_client" to prod the server for supported ciphers,
I believe.

But then, it may just as well be merely the missing client certificate I
guess...

Regards,
Felix