List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: New Http Sampler and the GUI
From:       sebb <sebbaz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-28 1:19:18

On 27/10/2009, Ghania Ferrag <ghania.ferrag@vantrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Every one,
>
> I'm working on developing a new Sampler, the Sampler will invoke a remote \
> components that are accessible only using Spring HTTPInvoker based calls.

In what way does this differ from the standard HTTP Sampler?
It might be simplest to extend / amend one of the existing samplers
(or perhaps the XML-RPC sampler).

> I had more information from my manager today regarding this task and we have to \
> allow to users add some parameters within the Sampler (like in Java Request \
> Sampler) to send parameters within the http request.
> I did follow the link on How to write a plugin for Jmeter, and extends the \
> AbstractSampler  and also the BeanInfoSupport to create my new Sampler based on \
> TestBean. My question is if I need more customized Gui or a complex property \
> settings, like allowing to user to add parameters etc instead of extending the \
> AbstractSampler class I have to extend the AbstractSamplerGui for more GUI options \
> ?
> I hope my question  is clear for you :) my goal is to develop this new Sampler that \
> does the Spring HttpInvoker calls for a remote components.

Yes, but does it really need a whole new sampler?

> Any links, ideas, classes examples to follow, your thoughts and advise are very \
> welcome and appreciated and thank you all for your responses.

Have a look at the Example TestBean code in the examples/ directory tree.

Please don't include old e-mail threads in new ones ...

<snip irrelevant stuff/>