List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: How to use __log() function
From:       sebb <sebbaz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-28 13:59:34

On 28/01/07, Eitan Ben-Noach <Eitan.Ben-Noach@sandisk.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Where in the Test Plan should I insert  the __log() function in order to
> print messages into STDOUT or STDERR?

Anywhere that you can use a variable.

E.g. if the host field contains

${myhost}

and you want to both log and use this, use

${__log(${myhost},OUT)}

instead.

You can use the __logn() function to log a message but not affect the
field in which it is placed.

E.g.

${myhost}${__logn(Host=${myhost},OUT)}

would set the field to the value of "myhost" and log the message "Host=<myhost>"

> Is it possible to print values of variables ( i.e. ${group_id} )

Yes