List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: Finding length of a variable value string
From:       mabel <remedyqa () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-07-30 20:45:12

Nevermind, it does work. It's Friday. I'm thinking about the weekend....

mabel <remedyqa@yahoo.com> wrote:I would like to find the length of a variable value. So I tried using
javascript to evaluate it as such in a user parameter. Suppose the
value of ${testplanvariable} = "test"

${__javaScript('${testplanvariable}'.length,len)}

However, the variable is not evaluated to its value. Instead of length
being 4, Javascript will give the length of 19. If I don't put the
single quotes, jmeter gives an error.

I thought jmeter variables are evaluated inside the javascript
function. Is there some other way of getting the length of a variable
value?

thanks,
mabel